< Opportunities | Tuesday, February 14, 2023
TDRA Scholarship for Graduate Dementia Research by Black Students
In support of Black History Month, the Toronto Dementia Research Alliance (TDRA) is pleased to announce the 2023-24 Scholarship for Graduate Dementia Research by Black Students.
- Masters ($10k/year for 2 years; $20k total) and PhD ($15k/year for 2 years; $30k total) students
- Domestic and international applicants (living in or planning to move and study in Canada)
- Identify as Black
About the Scholarship:
- Application is due June 30th, 2023
- Application will be assessed on merit and grades
- The project must have some connection to a TDRA investigator or partner site
- Applicants must:
- Have a pending application to a Master’s or Doctoral program;
- Have received or accepted an offer of admission to a Master’s or Doctoral program; OR
- Are currently enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral program with at least two years of the program remaining
- A community-specific mentorship network will be accessible to each awardee
- Projects can explore any aspect of dementia, for example Western medicine/science, traditional medicine, quantitative or qualitative projects, social determinants of health, etc.