Program Lead – Black Research Network (Term)
Working in the Vice-President & Principal’s Office at UTM, and working under the leadership of the academic Director of the initiative, the Program Lead, BRN will play a pivotal leadership role in the strategic development and management of the BRN initiative.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, developing and executing strategies for research and development collaborations and training programs
- Researching and recommending new opportunities for external collaborations and partnerships; cultivating ongoing, high profile prospective partnerships that advance strategic initiatives
- Fiscal management of research fund, including preparing financial reports
- Implementing a communication plan to keep stakeholders informed, ensuring inclusive practices and strong qualitative research methodologies
- Master’s Degree in Black Studies (history, critical race theory, etc…), Communications, Education, Equity Studies, Management Studies, Social Science, or related field or acceptable combination of equivalent professional experience in the above areas. A PhD would be considered an asset.
- Six to seven years of progressive experience in a research or professional environment, preferably in a university or large research organization
- Strong experience writing research funding applications required
- Solid project management experience including all aspects of project development and execution required
Closing Date: 11/14/2023, 11:59PM ET